Forever Young BBL
- What is it?
- Broadband Light (BBL) uses trusted dual-lamp technology, creating new standards for skin treatments related to aging and sun damage. BBL is a non-surgical, affordable, safe treatment with little downtime, discomfort and proven results. Our clinic has been offering BBL treatments for over ten years. It is one of our most popular, affordable treatments and it works. Each treatment is unique to match the personal goals and skin condition of each patient. BBL is used to accurately treat aging, sunspots, facial veins, wrinkles and skin imperfections. Scientific evidence established that regular treatments of BBL would revitalize the appearance of skin and continue to reduce the signs of aging. BBL pulses light over selected areas rejuvenating and softening the appearance of skin.
- How does it work?
- After choosing the most suitable wavelength or filter for your skin type, the broadband light gently heats the top layers of your skin. Naturally absorbing the heat, skin cells will be revived and begin to produce new collagen. BBL treatment blends the skins natural colours, eliminating any redness, vessels or pigment distortions. BBL is used most commonly to treat areas with a higher exposure to sun; however, Broadband Light can treat any area of the body.
- How much does it cost?
- Costs of treatments vary per patient depending on targeted areas and individual goals.
- Will I need multiple treatments?
- For desired results, it is recommended to receive three to five treatments from four to eight week intervals. Studies have shown that having three treatments per year actually slows down the aging process of skin.
- Who does the treatment?
- The treatment is performed by one of our professionally trained Medical Estheticians.
- How long does it take?
- Depending on the treated areas, BBL procedures can take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour.
- Learn more about our process
- Is there any downtime or pain?
- Broadband Light is a non-invasive procedure with virtually no downtime and little discomfort. Topical anesthetic is not required and most patients find the treatments tolerable. In most cases, you are able to return to work, apply makeup and resume normal activities the following day. Some patients experience minor swelling and redness after the treatment, but this usually subsides in a couple of hours. For pigmented lesions you will see a darkening of the treated areas followed by fading and flaking. This process generally takes 5 to 7 days. Avoid any exposure to sun until skin is fully recovered and always wear a high SPF sunscreen when outdoors. For ultimate results, we will recommend some after-care skin care products customized to your skin type.