- What is it?
- SilkPeel Dermalinfusion® is the latest technology in topical skin care, and the next step in microdermabrasion. A diamond tip is used to precisely remove a specific amount of the top dead layer of skin, then special infusions, tailored to treat a patient’s given skin problem(s), are applied during the same treatment.
Whether you are having problems with acne or desire a deep hydration treatment, our topical cosmeceutical preparations (applied during the treatment) can help resolve skin issues and stimulate the growth of new healthy cells.
The other amazing benefit of this new technology is that persons of colour, including those of Indian, Asian, and African descent, can all benefit. Previously, concerns about post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (skin changing colour as an undesired effect of treatment) meant that microdermabrasion use was limited. Now, even patients with a history of pigment change problems can safely be treated with this technique.
- How does it work?
- Typically, topical solutions are blocked from entering the skin by the top layer of tissue, preventing full effectiveness. By first removing this barrier layer, the infusion of collagen-stimulating preparations can directly enter the tissues. SilkPeel treatments work to exfoliate and hydrate your skin at the same time. You will see immediate results in skin texture and clarity.
SilkPeel Dermalinfusion® will leave your skin visibly smoother. It works to diminish little bumps on the skin from blocked pores by removing the plug and allowing the normal sebum to escape. Your overall colour will also improve; healthy skin has colour variation with smooth transitions between hues. Blotchy or dark areas are unappealing and can be difficult to hide with cosmetics. SilkPeel works to bleach out these areas faster and more effectively than topical bleaching creams alone. SilkPeel also leaves your skin radiant and luminescent. By removing the top dead layer of skin, the healthier skin underneath is revealed, giving you a youthful glow.
- How much does it cost?
- Treatments start at $99.00.
- Will I need multiple treatments?
- Your results will last several months, but depending on your skin type, exercise regime, lifestyle, diet and smoking history, you may require ongoing maintenance. If necessary, an ongoing maintenance program, tailored to suit your specific skin condition(s), will be discussed with you during your consultation. Some patients desire treatments on a regular basis (every three months) while others want more frequent treatments in conjunction with periods of increased sun exposure, hormone-related breakouts, or high stress periods at work.
- Who does the treatment?
- The treatment is performed by one of our professionally trained Medical Estheticians.
- How long does it take?
- Treatments last less than 30 minutes, on average.
- Is there any downtime or pain?
- There is virtually no downtime at all with a SilkPeel treatment. You may be slightly red for the first few hours post treatment, but this will transform into a healthy, radiant glow, making it a great treatment before a special event such as a birthday party or wedding. If you have significant acne scars, we may have to treat your skin more aggressively; this may result in some temporary crusting and/or peeling.
The treatment feels like a typical exfoliation treatment, meaning your skin may feel tight and slightly irritated, but will be smooth and silky to the touch.
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT that you tell us if you have a history of cold sores! These viral infections can spread to the treated skin areas and in some cases (though rare) result in permanent scarring.